Welsh cake recipe for St. Davids Day!
Happy St. Davids Day! Why not make these delicious Welsh cakes this afternoon, super simple and tasty!
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
- 225g self-raising flour, plus some for dusting – 40g
- 110g salted butter, diced plus 1 tbsp for frying
- 85g caster sugar, plus 1 tbsp for dusting
- 40g of sultanas
- 2 large eggs
- Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and sultanas. Break the eggs into a cup and lightly beat then mix through dough until it all comes together.
- Flour your surface, turn out your dough and top with a little more flour. Roll out to about 5mm thick and cut 12-14 cakes out.
- Rub your frying pan with butter and heat over a low-medium heat. Fry your cakes in batches for 2-4 mins each side until golden brown, dust with extra sugar whilst warm, repeat.