Warming Vegetarian recipe for you
This warming Vegetarian dish, is delicious served with couscous or flat breads, not only does it contain 2 of your 5-a-day, but it’s also quick and easy to make!
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 50g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tin butter beans, drained
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fry the red onion in the oil, on a low heat, stir in the fennel seeds and cook together until the onion is soft and cooked.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the crumbled feta, oregano and tomato purée, cook on a medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring regularly until feta is melted thoroughly through the sauce.
- Add the butter beans and cook until warmed through, season to taste with salt & pepper (may not need much salt due to the feta).
- Serve in bowls topped with crumbled feta, with couscous & salad or warmed pittas.