Vi’s Veg Fritter recipe
This is a firm favourite in Vi’s household. It’s a great way of getting a few vegetables into a meal, and they’re a great snack or lunch.
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
- 25g Plain flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ heaped tsp baking powder
- 50g sweetcorn, tinned and drained or frozen and defrosted
- 1/4 pepper, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- pinch salt
- Slowly add the egg to the flour and baking powder, whisking well then add all of the prepped vegetables and stir so everything is well coated.
- Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan on a medium- high heat and drop in 4-5 spoonfuls of the batter. Fry for about 1½ minutes until golden on the underside, then carefully turn and cook for approximately a further 1 ½ minutes.
- Drain briefly on kitchen paper before serving. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding the extra oil. Makes 10-14.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce as a starter/snack, or top with a fried egg for a lunch or brunch!