Smokey Tomato Soup recipe
Check out this recipe for a delicious Smokey Tomato soup. Perfect for lunches at home, super quick, vegan and even easy for the kids to help cook!
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ vegetable/vegan stock cube with 200ml hot water
- Heat the oil to a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add in the onion and carrot and stir, fry until onions are soft and have some colour.
- Add the garlic and paprika and fry for a further minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, puree, stock and sugar.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down to a low heat to simmer. Stir every now and again. Leave on heat and continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour into jug or food processor and blend or leave chunky.
- Divide soup between 2 bowls and enjoy!