Rex’s Banana and Blueberry muffin recipe
Rex loves these muffins, and they’re packed with fruit for a more nutritious snack!
|Cooking time:||15 minutes|
- 150g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 45g brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 90ml whole milk
- 45ml vegetable oil
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 75g blueberries, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 tbsp porridge oats
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ fan 160 °C. Line a 24-hole, mini muffin pan with paper cases.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, add the sugar.
- Mash the banana in a medium bowl or jug then add the egg, milk, oil and mix. Tip into the flour mixture, along with the blueberries and stir until combined.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and sprinkle with the porridge oats. Bake for 12-15 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve the muffins warm or at room temperature.