Pastilla Parcel Recipe
Follow our recipe to make this delicious vegetarian crispy parcel, perfect as a main with cous cous and salad, or as a stylish starter!
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
- 1 pack filo pastry (fresh or frozen, defrosted)
- 60g butter, melted, for brushing
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 small sweet potato
- 1 small courgette
- 1 small brown or red onion
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- 4 tbsp raisins (optional)
- ½ tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 220C/ fan 200C. Peel then chop the sweet potato into small chunks, dice the onion and courgette into small chunks.
- Heat half of the oil in a frying pan. Add the sliced the onion and courgette and gently fry for 8-10 minutes over a low-medium heat, until lightly coloured and softened. Add the spices (and a little more oil if needed) and cook for a further minute. Add 1 tbsp. water and stir in the raisins and salt.
- Place filo on dry work surface, cut in half so you have squares of filo to work with. Cover any not being used with a clean, damp cloth or damp paper towel. Place a sheet of filo pastry on surface and brush with melted butter. Repeat with two more filo sheets, brushing with butter as you go and placing at a different angle to the previous. Spoon mixture onto the centre of pastry. Fold four edges of the pastry in towards the middle to enclose filling. Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Repeat for 3 more parcels.
- Bake in top 1/3 of oven for 18-25 mins, or until pastry is golden-brown and crisp.