Lime Cheesecake Recipe
This delicious zesty lime cheesecake is the perfect accompaniment to this weeks Mexican Taco meal kits!
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
- 80g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 30g unsalted butter, in cubes, melted
- 200g cream cheese
- 75ml double cream
- 1 lime, zested + juiced
- 2-3 tbsp icing sugar
- Line the base and sides of 1 large spring form tin or two small ones .
- Melt the butter and stir through the digestive crumbs. Spoon into the spring form tin. Use the back of a spoon or a potato masher to press down the base. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Add the double cream, 2/3 zest and icing sugar to a mixing bowl and whisk until medium peaks form. Add the cream cheese and lime juice and beat again.
- Spoon on top of the chilled base Pour onto the chilled biscuit base. Dip a dessert spoon in boiling hot water, dry it then use to smooth over the cream cheese topping.
- Dip a natural bristle pastry brush into the remaining zest and tap it gently over the cheesecakes to release the zest and to finish.
- Chill for at least an hour before tucking into.