Jerk wedges recipe!
These Caribbean inspired wedges are a tasty side or main, counting as one of your 5-a-day as well as being vegan!
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
For the spice mix:
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground all spice
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 500g sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. coarse semolina
- Juice ¼ lime (optional)
- Pinch Maldon salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 200˚C/fan 180C/ 400˚F/gas 6, adjusting the shelf to the middle of the oven.
- Cut the sweet potato into even sized wedges, transfer to a bowl and toss with the oil.
- Mix the thyme, spices, salt and semolina, use to coat the wedges thoroughly until evenly coated.
- Transfer to a grill rack over a baking tray, cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn the grill onto 200c. When the potato is cooked, spray with a little oil and transfer to the grill for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the lime juice over wedges, finishing with a sprinkling of salt flakes and serve!