Gus’ Chocolate Bun recipe
Gus loves helping to make these chocolate buns, especially when he has to taste test them at the end!
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
- 140g Strong plain white flour
- 15g margarine or softened butter
- 1/2 tsp fast action yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch salt
- 85 ml milk (warm)
- 50g Nutella chocolate spread
- Sieve flour, salt and sugar into mixing bowl, add yeast and mix together.
- Melt the margarine or butter and add to the warmed milk, slowly pour this into the flour mixture, stirring with a knife, until an elastic dough is formed.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead thoroughly for approximately 10 minutes. Shape the dough into a call and place the dough in a bowl, covered with clingfilm or a tea towel, in a warm place for around an hour or until this has doubled in size.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Knock back the dough, by kneading this for another minute and then roll the dough into a rectangle roughly ½cm thick, spread with Nutella and roll from the longer side in, like a swiss roll. Cut into 4 pieces, and place cut side up on the baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.