Fantastic Sun-dried Tomato Flatbreads
Flatbread’s are so versatile, they can make a meal. Serve with falafel and salad, enjoy as a side with your favourite curries, or fill with your favourite fillings for a tasty wrap. These don’t use any yeast and are flavoured with sun-dried tomato, but try replacing that with pesto, or just yogurt for a different flavour. These are also great fun and easy to make with kids!
|Cooking time:||5 minutes|
- 200g strong white bread flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 70g sundried tomato paste
- 80-85ml water
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and add the salt and sugar.
- Mix the paste with the water, pour in and mix with your fingers.
- Turn out onto the work surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until the dough feels smooth and elastic.
- Cover the ball with an upturned mixing bowl and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Flour the work surface, split the dough into 4 and roll out each ball to around 2mm thick.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a high heat and when it’s hot, turn the heat down to a medium heat.
- Carefully lay a flatbread in the hot pan, when it starts to bubble, turn over and keep turning to prevent it burning and cook until the dough goes opaque.
- Keep warm and soft by wrapping in foil, can then be kept warm in a low oven.