Update on the current public situation with COVID-19, and Little Kitchen’s response
Following the Government announcement on 20th March 2020, we closed our doors at Little Kitchen Cookery School due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, to protect the health and safety of our customers and staff. We are very much looking forward to opening our doors on the 4th July 2020 for workshops from our new premises in Totterdown.
By the time we reopen, we will have been closed for just over 14 weeks and we will be in our new home, so it will all feel a little strange as we adjust to our new supersize premises! Things will run a little differently to how they did before, to keep everyone safe and ensure everyone enjoys their experience!
When we reopen for workshops on the 4th July, we endeavour to keep customers and staff safe. We will do this by:
· Carrying out enhanced daily cleaning procedures
· Staff and customers washing hands on arrival, with opportunities for handwashing during the workshop
· Tutors wearing visors and Kitchen Assistants wearing face coverings
· Anti bac hand gel will be provided at each workstation per individual/ pair
· Gloves will be provided for anyone who wishes to wear them
· Ensuring individuals work on their own when booked to attend on their own
· Measuring all spices, small quantities of liquids and dry ingredients in advance to prevent shared handling of ingredient containers
· Providing equipment per individual/ per pair to prevent shared handling
· Marking out work areas for clarity on 1 metre social distancing
· Providing water jugs per individual/ pair
· Taking money for drinks at the end of workshop and encouraging the use of card payments
· Reviewing Health and Hygiene protocol daily and holding weekly reviews
If you would like to wear a face covering or mask to the workshop, please feel free to.
We really appreciate your support at what has been and continues to be a difficult time for us and all of our team.
Madeleine and Claire x