Update on the current public situation with COVID-19, and Little Kitchen’s response
Following the Government announcement on the 31st October 2020, we will be entering another lockdown from 00.01 on Thursday 5th November until Wednesday 2nd December2020. We are therefore having to cancel all workshops taking place in between these dates. We have 290 bookings in the above time frame and will be contacting customers in date order of the workshops taking place to reschedule. We will use the contact details of the person who made the booking with further information as to how to reschedule. If you have a workshop booked in the above time frame and have not heard from us by end of day on 9th November 2020, please do check your spam, contact the person who made the booking or contact us from the 10th November.
What you may want to know when we reopen our doors once again…..
We endeavour to keep customers and staff safe in all our workshops. We will do this by:
- Carrying out enhanced cleaning procedures, before each workshop commencing. You may need to wait outside the premises whilst we finish cleaning tasks and set up for workshops. Please bare with us, we want to ensure that we are fully ready for your arrival.
- Keeping Tutors and Kitchen Assistant training up to date, with all recently renewing/ completing their Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering (Level 2)
- Investing in screen dividers to separate off work areas
- Staff and customers putting on antibacterial gel on arrival, then washing hands with plenty of opportunities for handwashing during the workshops
- Providing anti bac gel and wipes to clean mobile phones
- All staff wearing visors throughout the workshop
- Providing Anti bacterial hand gel at each workstation per individual/ pair
- Preparing for individuals to work on their own when booked to attend on their own
- Measuring all spices, some small quantities of liquids and dry ingredients in advance to prevent shared handling of ingredient containers
- Investing in new equipment so there is no sharing of equipment between pairs/ individuals not attending workshops together
- Marking out work areas for clarity on 1 metre social distancing with risk mitigation
- Reducing workshop capacity to allow for social distancing
- One way travel direction in the premises
- Providing disposable aprons for customers, rather than using our cotton aprons
- Providing water jugs per individual/ pair
- Taking money for drinks at the end of workshop and encouraging the use of card payments
- Reviewing Health and Hygiene protocol daily and holding weekly reviews and updating staff on any changes made
NHS Track and Trace
As all bookings for workshops are made online, we have a record of who has attended each workshop. These records are kept for a minimum of 21 days in case NHS Track and Trace needed to contact customers. As from the 24th September we will be adopting the NHS Track and Trace QR code scanner as this will provide a quicker system for tracing should the need arise. By law we have to request that all customers scan and check-in using the poster in the window before entering the premises for a workshop or at point of entering the premises for registration. If you prefer not to use this, we will take a contact telephone number.
It has become law that face coverings must be worn at hospitality venues when not seated to eat or drink (excluding those with excemptions). Please bring a mask with you if attending a workshop or collecting a recipe kit as this must be worn when moving round the premises.
COVID-19 Symptoms and self isolation
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been asked to self isolate because you have been in contact with someone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19, please do not attend any workshop. You are very welcome to send someone in your place. Please click here to see our Terms and Conditions.
We really appreciate your support at what has been and continues to be a difficult time for us and all of our team.
Madeleine and Claire and all the Little Kitchen team x