American Pancake Recipe for Pancake Day!
Pancake day is on Tuesday, and this is one our favourite recipes for sweet fluffy American style pancakes, perfect as a brunch with bacon and maple syrup, or as dessert with strawberries and icecream…enjoy!
To cook our delicious Ricotta & Lemon pancakes, with a blueberry and cardamom compote, why not join us for our Breakfast club, which run quarterly and is a perfect way to start the weekend. Click HERE to find out more.
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
- 115g plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, separated at room temperature
- 145 ml milk
- 15g butter, melted
- Sift the flour with the salt and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Beat together the egg yolks then beat in the milk.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and add the egg yolk/ milk a little at a time, gradually draw in the flour from the sides until all combined and the batter is the consistency of thick cream. Fold the melted butter into mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter.
- Lightly grease a heavy frying pan and heat up on a medium heat. When hot, drop spoonfuls of batter on to the surface keeping them well separated.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles rise to the surface, lift the pancakes with a fish slice, turn over and brown the other side. Avoid pressing down with the fish slice.
- Serve pancakes with a dollop of natural yogurt and fresh fruit.