Try cooking our warming vegetarian tagine
Try this delicious warming vegetable tagine for all of the family, it’s super healthy with lots of veg, but with added spices to keep it flavoursome!
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into chunks
- 150g chickpeas
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 50g raisins
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 1/8 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 200g cous cous, made up with 220ml vegetable stock
- Heat the vegetable oil in the saucepan on a medium-high heat.
- Fry the sweet potato and onion for around 5-7 minutes browning them.
- Stir in the garlic and spices.
- Stir in the raisins, tomatoes, stock and tomato puree.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring to the boil, cover with the lid and simmer for 15 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Taste and season again if needed.
- Serve on a bed of cous cous.