Something savoury for the kids to eat this Easter!!
Worried the kids are going a bit chocolate mad this Easter? Why not get them cooking this delicious savoury tart and dressing, perfect with a green salad as lunch or dinner.
|Cooking time:||25 minutes|
For the tart:
- 1/6 pack ready made puff pastry
- Flour for dredging
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ tsp dried oregano/ basil
- 35g cheddar cheese/ mozarella
Honey and mustard dressing:
- ½ tsp djon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cider/wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 200C/ fan180C/ Gas 6.
- Roll out the pastry to thickness of a £1 piece on a lightly floured surface, turning to stop it sticking. Place the pastry on a lined baking tray, tuck in the pastry edges to form a lip.
- Slice the tomatoes in half, place seed side up onto pastry, sprinkle with the herbs and then the cheese.
- Bake for around 25 minutes in the top third of the oven until pastry is golden and puffed up at the edges. Leave to cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack before eating.
- For the dressing: Combine the ingredients in a mug and beat with a fork.
- Serve the tart with a side of salad drizzled in the dressing.